Development-driven models, (eng. model-driven development MDD) is a style of software development in which models become the main artifacts of the development that generate executable code, and other artifacts.
For construction applications it is necessary to create a formally precise model, which can then be automatically generated executable code.
By the standards of the Object Management Group (OMG) create application consists of the following steps:
- First developed the domain model of the applications that are fully independent of the implementing technology.
- Then she transformered special tool in the platform-specific model.
- Finally, it is translated to source code in the appropriate programming language.
advantages of the approach
This approach allows you to:
- To speed up the withdrawal the minimum viable product (Minimum Viable Product) on the market.
- To undertake routine programming: generation application framework, model classes, database, and so on.
- To resolve all disputes with the customer at the modeling stage.
features of the development at Flexberry
Flexberry uses based on the above approach, however, implementation has its own unique features:
- Once the model is developed for a specific platform, there is no need to build a platform-independent model.
- The model lays the framework of the business logic, implement it by adapting the executable application code.
- There is a possibility of the connection of ready functional modules.